Fantasy Football Team / Latest Articles

Fantasy Football 247 Site Team Gameweek 33

Fantasy Football 247 Site Team Gameweek 33

Fantasy Football 247 Site Team Gameweek 33

Welcome to Fantasy Football 247 Site Team Gameweek 33. For fup sake. 55 fupping points. Ok, that’s the obscenities out of the way but c’mon, 55 points? I haven’t checked but I doubt we have been below the average on many occasions this season but we were in GW32. It may have been by just 1pt but we were still below it. We should’ve known what was in store at lunchtime on Saturday as Kyle Walker was rested and captain Eriksen picked up a solitary assist despite Spurs putting four past Watford. Our keeper and three defenders weighed in with a massive 6pts and with Antonio Valencia needing yet another rest we played the gameweek with just 10 players. 10pts from Eden Hazard were very much appreciated as were the nine from Josh King who climbed from our bench to replace Eyeore. Romelu Lukaku chipped in with two goals but the less said about Alexis Sanchez & Arsenal on Monday night the better. Naturally we ended the gameweek with a sizeable red arrow and we now sit 52,078. Some tough decisions need to be made…

Our transfers this week are: selling Alexis Sanchez and Fernando Llorente and buying Wilfried Zaha and Harry Kane.
Tough decisions were taken indeed and they come no tougher than selling Llorente. Only joking! They come no tougher of course than selling Alexis, who has been so good for us this season and is the highest points scorer in FPL. However, we are at that time of the season where big and possibly stupid decisions are made. And we have made it! No goals or assists in his last three matches was enough to attract the axe with not even two double game-weeks to follow enough to save him. Selling Alexis means of course we can buy Kane and also young Wilfried of South London – Zaha is in great form and despite a tough set of fixtures on the horizon, his form and double-game-week next week justified his inclusion while Kane of course needs little explanation or reasoning. Getting rid of Llorente is just a bonus.

The Team in full this week…

Our captain is: Romelu Lukaku
Despite his 13pt haul last week, Big Rom only just won the vote with Kane running him close. With the votes at 2-2 the deciding vote went to the Everton striker from a source who was against selling Alexis, so it was probably personal against Kane. From such reasoning, leagues are won and lost. C’mon Rom! Kane is vice-captain if required.

Thanks for reading Fantasy Football 247 Site Team Gameweek 33

Vote on our Captain Poll Now

captain-poll-article1

We are running the main public FF247 League which anyone is welcome to join by using the following code 1147-701 (auto-link below). This one has a prize pool of £250 which is sponsored by @FootballFanager and will be paid into your account on their website. The top 5 places are paid out.
Join Our League – Quick Link
League Code: 1147-701
View league standings
New for the 2016/17 we are delighted to announce we are running a Regulars League which has a cash prize pool of £300 paid directly to the winners from the FF247 management team.
To enter this one you need to be an active and recognised site member and you need to e-mail us for the league code – Elleffcee@fantasyfootball247.co.uk *terms and conditions apply and are available upon request. Management reserve the right to review membership of this league on an ongoing basis.

The Fixture Tracker in full…

Qwkliduzzit says:

Dear All

Minor point – though obviously important…The fixture tracker says that the deadline for transfers this GW is 14.00 on 15 April. There’s an early match (Bournemouth v Spurs), so transfer deadline time is actually 11.30.

Don’t think for a moment that regular readers will have thought anything else, but someone checking the tracker for the first time and being unfamiliar with FPL might be misled…

inittowinit says:

Yeah it’s because the tracker is planned months and months in advance and with me being away this week the lads had to work off an old version. Great job they did in getting it up and ready with the new DGW’s on too within hours of them being announced. It’ll be fixed on next weeks if any of the others are inaccurate. The Countdown Timer or the Fixtures tab next to Hot Comments or the FPL site itself would always take precedence for me anyway I think.

• Qwkliduzzit says:

Sorry, Init – didn’t mean at all to be critical of all your efforts. Just wanted to point it out to help any others who might have got wires crossed. I always look at the tracker, and think it’s the single most important feature on this site for planning ahead (quite apart, of course, from all the helpful support that everyone posts up). I missed the incorrect transfer deadline time myself until just now. I guess that anyone who’s spent the time locating this site must already be well into FF and quite sussed about transfer deadlines – though someone earlier this week insisted that 3-2-1 bonus points were available for each team, so maybe not everyone is absolutely clued in…

• inittowinit says:

No problem at all mate, rather have things pointed out so that they can be corrected. I’d certainly not spotted it but then again I’m only on mobile right now so it was unlikely I would!

Raziel says:

Firminho to Zaha and Costa to Kane for an 8 point hit? Already did Llorente to Bentekers. :p

RedVT says:

Hey guys, how goes the tinkering? I asked earlier about Zaha vs. Townsend but there wasn’t anyone around. Now that we’ve seen pictures of Townsend training and can assume he’s fit for Saturday, is anyone considering him over Zaha? They both have the exact same amount of points over the past 5 gws, but I’ve just had another look and Townsend’s stats are considerably better in that time. He’s also a bonus point magnet (9 bonus points to Zaha’s 3 in the past 5 weeks), is on corners, and is currently .1 cheaper. Zaha is the popular choice looking at transfers/ownership, but Townsend is looking like he could be a profitable differential pick. Would you go with the popular player to cover Zaha’s points, or is it the time of the year to be a bit maverick and look to gain ground on the masses?

inittowinit says:

Didn’t know that about his stats there Red, interesting. I have Zaha already so not a decision I have to make but if I was it’d be down to any ML situation. If you have one? If not I think I’d go Zaha on a straight choice.

Qwkliduzzit says:

Hi, Red. I’d say there’s not that much to choose between them, so assume they’ll have equal chances of scoring well. I’d go for Townsend – lower ownership and the 0.1 saving could come in handy…

RedVT says:

Thanks init and Qwk, appreciate your thoughts. I do like the price savings, but that’s not my main concern. And due to his popularity and price rise tonight, Zaha will probably end up making you some money by the time gw34 comes around. I guess I’m just thinking about the strategy of owning the more popular player to cover his points, or going with a differential player to gain ground. Good call about the ML init. I’m leading all my MLs and my Banterbury group, so I’d like to keep that going. I’ll see what that looks like and factor it in. :)

Bonus question for you guys if you’re still about. I have my WC and plan to use it in gw35/36, so I’m only concerned with the next 2-3 weeks. Knowing that, would you drop Tadic, Walcott, or Siggy this week for one of Zaha/Townsend? I was leaning toward Tadic as he has (CITY, che) up next, while the other two have decent matches the next two. Does that sound right to you guys?

Raziel says:

Yeah, I noticed that. I just hope Benteke shows some of his worth. Lol.

inittowinit says:

Declared!

Anyone has any strong opinions on the line-up it would be appreciated but I have ran the stats on the selections and other than McAuley it all looks good (he plays regardless, like a good luck gnome :) ).

Click on image to enlarge:

konstro says:

hi guys,

I decided to keep transfer this week. any suggestions about choice of capo and substitutes?

konstro says:

I was also thinking about Sanchez conundrum. I used this season as a sample to gauge if current situation has happened before. I have gathered data for 4 best mids this season and visualized their points gains per gameweek. I added 2,10 and 15 point lines for reference. I hope that it can be helpful in your considerations.

few interesting points.

if you look at Sanchez he had similar slump between weeks 7-12. only one sizeable return and 5 Blanks(5 points on one occasion so technically 4 blanks) Between week 15 and 24 only one haul of more than 10 points,once 8 points and the rest was 6 or less.
    I brought him before week 30 and didn’t get great returns so far but i guess i will keep going for little bit longer. As you can see even when he was playing up front he had bad times.At the same time after returns of 2 and 1 point in weeks 11-12 he went to score 14 and 23 in following 2 weeks.
    I guess I needed to convince myself to keep him. haha. I chose far from optimal momemt to bring him in.

sidenote. how frustrating was Ericksen for first 11 GW or so?

Click on image to enlarge:

Pancho says:

Alright, I finally died on my transfers:
    Vertonghen & Vardy -> Jags & Kane for free!
    Captain Kane and here we go!!!

Click on image to enlarge:

Smash10 says:

Morning guys. I need to do a transfer here as have 2 free transfers. What to do nothing in the bank. Need help. Early thoughts either Grant to Hennessy or Nyom for Barragan? Or something else. Not having Kane concerns me a bit but will be flying so can’t watch game anyway

Click on image to enlarge:

ziddy says:

Thoughts on any transfers for my team this week? Tempted to just keep the free transfer.

Otherwise potentially Siggy to Son? But scared Poch will rest him now

Click on image to enlarge:

FantasyRR says:

Hey guys, I still have all my chips left and I’ve gamed it out and I’m looking at using wildcard in GW36, bench boost in 37 and then all out attack in 38, but I’m having trouble deciding when to use my triple captain. These are the options I’m currently choosing between, Lukaku in GW33, Alli in GW33 or Ibrahimovic with his double GW34.

Rosco77 says:

Out of those options I’d stick it on Lukaku this week to be honest! I know the consensus has been to use it in a double and last season if you TC’d Aguero or Sanchez you were laughing but I TC’d Carroll in 37 for 6 pts and Kun this year in 27 for 27 pts. A SGW could give you a better haul, Ibra could get say 12 pts in both his games in 34 but he may also get rested 1 match and pick up 2 pts in his other. Think TC is just a chip to use by playing the fixtures and Lukaku could go big this week in my opinion!

Leprechaun says:

Fantasy,

It is a tricky one!
      The double GW suggests Ibra as obvious but the games are away at Burnley and City neither of which give away a lot of goals. The risk I’d he might be rested for one match as well…
      I like both Alli and Lukaku for GW33 and am not sure which to captain myself as I have both.

Not much help to you, sorry.
      Just go with your gut feel.

FantasyRR says:

I see your point Rosco and Lep but Ibra’s played 90 mins in every premier league game other than the 3 he was suspended and considering how Jose’s been trying to juggle the squad to keep them fresh and Ibra recently had 3 games to rest, I’m almost certain he will play in both the DGW games. Also I just had a look at it Cookie, I don’t think that WC in 35 is an option for me, because looking at the fixtures 36-38 I’m planning on having 3 Arsenal players (away to spurs in 35), 2-3 Chelsea players (away to everton in 35) and also if they’re in form looking at Vardy + maybe one defender from Leicester (away to west brom in 35, and they’re pretty shocking away). Time to meditate on this haha, thanks for the help!

Leprechaun says:

Hey Guys,

Looking at this team

Pickford
    Baines, Davies, Valencia
    Alli, Coutinho, Sanchez, Son
    Aguero, Benteke, Lukaku

Thinking of captaining Alli….is this crazy?