FF247 Fantasy Football Site Team Gameweek 27
Welcome to the FF247 Fantasy Football Site Team Gameweek 27. Well, we scored 45 which was just above the average of 43. So not bad, but ultimately not that good. But better than some we have heard from this week, so maybe we should just suck it up and get on with it. We capo’d the wrong bloke (Kun), our two Chelsea defenders didn’t play, Pogba was benched, our Shaqiri scored vs our Begovic. Otamendi and City conceded, Sterling missed an open goal. We could go on, but they were the main lowlights. Aside from Shaqiri’s header (which illustrates perfectly the lunacy of the week), good ol’ Salah continued his run of consistent and impressive form with his brace vs Spurs and just to prove there were some FPL gods smiling down at us, Matthew Lowton appeared off the bench to play for the first time since GW13 and produced an instant assist. Our hero. We went down small in the rankings. ‘Must do better’, said the school report.
Last weeks result…
This weeks transfer(s)…
SOLD: POGBA and CHRISTENSEN and BOUGHT: WALCOTT and BAUER
We had 2 FT’s and we’ve decided to use them both and this is why:
– We really wanted Walcott this week. And so we bought him.
– Christensen is obviously injured and even when he isn’t he is clearly a liability!
– We needed a bit of a war chest in reserve for our inevitable switch from Kun to Kane next week.
– Bauer simply made things work, it wasn’t as if we were particularly pining for a Stoke defender. Who does. And if nothing else he has a home fixture this week against the lowest scorers away from home (6 goals) in the shape of Brighton.
– The two transfers also had a small beady eye on the potentially very ‘blank’ GW31 too. Both of them definitely feature in it. The same can only be said of Liverpool and Stoke as we speak. This may also give a nod to our intentions about that one which may be to not play the Free Hit Chip that week. We haven’t decided exactly on that yet and it would be too early to speculate properly but the early discussions we had indicated that moving in to a position not to may be wise just in case we did indeed decide on using it elsewhere.
(Just as an aside, and on that topic, we have 3 articles coming your way this week which will all deal with the issue of DGW’s / Blank GW’s and Chip usage, so stay tuned. One of which seems to have gone viral on twitter before it’s even been published! Hint: @Cezary_Z)
The team in full
Our captain is Mo Salah, our vice is Sergio Aguero
This was massively split between the two and is probably a debate many people who own both have had with themselves this week. We envy them that as at least they only had one idiot to deal with.
It almost came down to a coin toss, it was that close. This is probably one of those when you do just pick one and really hope for the best. We can offer up no real explanation or rationale for picking one over the other, in all honesty.
If you wish to follow the teams progress more closely you can do so by clicking here.
Thanks for reading FF247 Fantasy Football Team Gameweek 27
The League Codes for FF247 for the 2017/18 season are as follows:
Gameweek Tracker GW27-32